Saturday, June 2, 2012

Painting Concrete Patio-Day 2

I couldn't get started until afternoon, but it's working.  I can tell the paint has a good adhesion to the floor.  I decided to use a little conditoner to thin it down slightly.  A paint conditioner will thin it down without watering it down.  This makes it soak in to the concrete enough to really become a part of it. 
I decided to paint a sky.  The circle in the center was going to be a Alabama Crimson Tide insignia, but I am changing that to an earth rug.  Maybe I can post that on Day3.  We are anxious to get this project done so we can put the furniture back in the porch!

By the way, I am using the paint you see below with a wide paint brush--get a good quality one for outdoor painting.  If you look closely in the painting above, you will see my little westie, Solomon.

3 comments:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. Concrete repair Nanaimo

Doris M. Bennett said...

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. concrete contractors york pa

Ricky Lesel said...

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting and informative article for, concrete walkway design & installation agency offers Concrete patios in Virginia Beach from stamped concrete to gravel and slate, pavers, flagstone and more. Serving Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk.